Have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year. Thank you for your support. Please read some books over the summer period.
Saturday 28th January (times and lessons tba: pls contact me with your requests)
Sunday 29th January
10 – 11 am: Arguments and Language Analysis (VCE)
12.15 – 1.15 pm: Island/Creatives/Language Analysis (VCE)
Memo to English Works Students 2017
Study of Year 12 Texts
Thursday class (7-8 pm): Medea, Stasiland and 1984
Saturday 11.30 am : This Boy’s Life, Stasiland and 1984
Sunday 4.30 pm: The Crucible and Year of Wonders
Areas of focus: : Pls see Homework Page
- Emphasis on on topic sentences/big picture concept/ideas and statements: because this is the biggest area of weakness among year 12 students. Many were not that competent at standing back from a text and seeing the concepts as analytically and as flexibly as possible. Those who can, will get a good mark.
- Polished sentences: Also, many were losing grammatical control of their sentences – and this loss, will also undermine a good mark in English.
Address: English Works, 37 Kerr Street, Blackburn (Ph: 9898 9215)
(Please come through the side gate to the office.)
- Please see my updated file on Creative strategies for your Sacs.
- Please check our Homework Page
- Quick note to parents and students: please bring to every class ….
- Please see summary of notes so far.
- Return to VCE Workshops
- Return to classes for students
Please send me an email: email@example.com or send me the contact form below.