A shortlist of best examples/notes/summaries for Students of English Works
See Revision Notes/Analytical Sentence Models for Lang Analysis
Extra Notes for Text Response:
The key to a good text response essay is to foreground the literary and narrative devices, symbols, imagery, intertextual references; stage directions/techniques etc. which are a key to the author’s views, values, message and intentions.
- See Study Page for Medea: notes/summaries etc.
- See Notes Paragraphs for Cloudstreet
- Notes and Essay Plans for No Sugar.
- Notes for Stasiland;
- Notes for Reluctant Fundamentalist;
- Notes for King Henry IV;
- Notes for Mabo.
- Notes for Medea (Summary).
- And The Thing Around Your Neck.
- See Literary devices for 12 angry men.
- See Much Ado About Nothing. (Shakespeare)
- See Revision Notes for This Boy’s Life
- See Notes on All About Eve
- See Notes for Essays etc. Romeo and Juliet
- See Othello (Shakespeare)
- See Gwen Harwood’s poetry: some sample paragraphs
- Notes and updated current examples for Notes for English Language:
Notes for Alistair MacLeod: The Island: The Boat
Notes for the Tell Tale Heart, Edgar Allen Poe
Notes for Whose Reality;
Notes for Identity and Belonging;
Notes for Encountering Conflict;
See Notes for Imaginary Landscapes:
In addition to the workbook activities, here’s some more Language Analysis exercises
Also extra (short) homework examples to work on for Language Analysis
Please keep going over the people stories and practice writing comparative analysis. Example: people grow through conflict.