Top of the Class: Students in Years 9-10-11.
Perfect your Argument, Persuasive and Reasoning Analysis Skills and your written expression. As you learn the metalanguage in the workbook and apply it to our exercises, you will improve your analytical skills and write with greater precision and polish.
Purchase the Workbook + Access our Green Membership Program
- The author’s evidence: views: arguments and key ideas: Arcade Games: Exercise 6
Green Membership Program
- The author’s evidence: Exercise 7: A need to re-think recycling: a problem with a solution
- The author’s tone and style: Exercises 8-9, and Exercises 9; p. 13
- The author’s style: “Be Nice: It costs nothing”, Exercise 11
- The language of appeals: Exercise 14, Destroying ancient songlines
- See Lesson 4: author’s appeals: key argument values/principles (Ex 14-16)
- See Lesson 5: author’s reasons: key argument reasoning strategies (Ex 17 – 21)
- See Lesson 6: author’s attack: key argument/rebuttal strategies (Ex. 22 – 27)
- The author’s words: Figurative Language “Hoon” driving: Exercise 23:
- See a slideshow overview: Become an expert
- See Lesson 7: tasks on media (comparing viewpoints and strategies) (Ex. 36-39)
- See Lesson 8: Writing the Essay, (Ex 42-43)
- Summary of “Now Turn to: Taking it Further” Exercises Page
- Our Aim: This is where we want to be at the end of the year: an insightful paragraph/analysis
Please see our slideshow for an overview:
The English Works Pack ($95): Includes:
- a copy of each of the five workbooks (Techniques of Persuasion, The Language of Persuasion: become an expert; Arguments and Persuasive Language an essay-writing guide; Better Essays and Persuasive Techniques and Clear Writing: language and grammar).
“I began using The Language of Persuasion (Become an Expert) in Year 10. It immediately improved my vocabulary and my ability to produce quality analytical pieces – thus providing me with a strong foundation to transition seamlessly into Year 12 English. The books introduced me to metalanguage and analysis techniques in a very coherent and accessible format. I would wholeheartedly recommend Jenny’s resources for students aiming for an A+ grade in Year 12.” Brendan L. (44) (John Monash: Award for Excellence in English)