Work through the exercises in our recent workbook: Arguments and Persuasive language: an essay-writing guide, and keep up to date with the latest trends and changes in the curriculum (Area Study 2: Analysing Arguments.)
(If you don’t have the workbook, you can purchase it from the website. See below.)
- See article on page 6 and 31 : “Dragging their feet”
- Now turn to Page 28, Advanced reasoning exercises; Mr Richard Louv, also p. 75.
- Now turn to Page 33, “Dragging their feet”, by Ms Janie Martin
- Exercise 8, Hands-free parenting: a form of child abuse? Ms Janie Smith p. 20.
- Exercise 4, Dr Jack Krisanski, Grads fail on emotional IQ, p. 17
- Now turn to Exercise 9: Editorial page: Editorial: What happened to good old fashioned respect? and Ave Peter’s Comment, p. 36-37
- Exercise 10, Dr Helga Johnson, Why can we hit our kids?, p. 41
- Exercise 12, No place for offensive comments, pp 42-43.
- Now turn to Exercise 13, Ms Snowden, Mr Scott and Mr Samson: Bring back the strap, p. 44-45.
- Exercise 14, Mr Jim Slater, Change to universities? pp. 46-47
Student responses plus comments, plus suggested improvements and response
- Exercise 19, Brain injury awareness week: pp. 53-55
- Exercise 21, Mr Jim Shanahan and Ms Rosie McCarthy, pp. 58-62.
- Exercise 22, Mr Michael Carr-Gregg, Teen binge drinking needs to be curbed; pp. 62-63
- Now turn to Exercise 23, Dr Keith Ablow, Yik Yakking, p. 65
- Exercise 24, Mr Roger Tindall, Ms Claire Hong, Free Speech Matters, p. 66.
- Exercise 25, Ms Holly Winter, Race hate laws: why they must stay; p. 67.
- Exercise 26, Chris Berg: if you’re worried about privacy …”; p. 68
- Exercises Seashells Newsletter; Ms Achton, Ex. 28, pp. 72-73
- Turn to Exercise 29, on p. 73, Mr Louv and “Prescription Nature”
To Purchase: Arguments and Persuasive Language: an essay-writing guide (unlocks the key to an A+ essay)
- We encourage you to get ahead: (Work through our exercises/suggested responses, practise writing analytical sentences and learn the metalanguage.)
- Please see this homework tasks page for suggested editorials to tackle.
- Return to Orange Workbook tasks: Summary page