Sunday 14th February
10.30 – 11.40 am: Argument Analysis (VCE students)/via Zoom
This year, I’ll be doing some online Zoom classes (Argument Analysis/VCE) and face-to-face classes on text response/book pairs/creative.
2.30 – 3.30 Advanced text response skills and textual analysis
Extension / “top of the class” lessons for Year 10s, please see the program (conducted on Zoom): Advanced English skills. For those who prefer, I will be doing similar face-to-face classes.
Other Relevant links:
- VCE Preparation: (a “package of skills” for success in English); tasks, skills and homework page
- Advanced essay writing: Tasks, skills and homework page: Advanced essay writing and comprehension (good for scholarships and middle years). (pls see posts for range of tasks and work)
- Please follow our word a day: either on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/School/English-Works-262888230534483/) or on my post: https://www.englishworks.com.au/working-with-words-page/
- I also have a range of Zoom + Membership packages
Contact: email@example.com (Ph: 03 9890 0044/0400 568 657)
About Dr Jenny: Dr Jennifer Minter was admitted to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in 1998: (University of Monash Australia) (Doctoral Thesis: a post-modern psycho-analytical discussion of Patrick White’s novels).
Since then I have worked in Foreign Affairs/Egypt and then transitioned to publishing, writing and co-editing training resources (Aspire Training). For the past 15 years, I have been publishing resources for secondary school students (workbooks and articles on texts for the VCE curriculum) and provide consultancy services to teachers. I also conduct workshops for secondary school students and Zoom classes for students who wish to improve their literacy skills. My current project is a series of “How to Write an Essay on …” series as students need support in structuring an essay on their texts, using metalanguage in deft ways.
Zoom + Membership Page
- Green (Middle): Argument, reasoning and persuasive skills/analytical terminology: Zoom Plus Green Membership Package
- See Expression and Clear Writing Notes
- Argument Analysis (VCE) (See link: Zoom plus Orange Membership Package)
- Text Response: Rear Window ( Rear Window Zoom Membership)
- Text Response: See William Wordsworth Essays/Zoom classes
- Text response: Station Eleven (zoom) essay-writing classes
- For extra comprehension for scholarship class, pls see THIS great page.
- See essay-writing notes for GAT (General Achievement Test)