Stay tuned for regular updates
“The metalanguage is a tool rather than an end it itself.” “Students are not expected to define the metalanguage terms, but rather to use them appropriately in describing and analysing language in an objective and a systematic way.” (VCAA: “Frequently asked questions.”)
- Practice writing sentences using metalanguage : see Example: Age Editorial.
- Another Example re commentary writing and sentences and metalanguage
- The role of subsystems.
- Commentaries: notes on Commentary Structure.
SACS and Essays: current examples for essays
- See Public Language: Quotes, Examples and Paragraphs
- See SACs and Essays: Identity and Language
- See Formal and Informal Language, Quotes and Examples
- See Language Change
English Language Classes for Years 11 and Year 12 will be held in 2019 on Fridays from 7 – 8.10 pm and on Saturdays from 11.30 – 12.40 pm. Please see Summary of Tasks so far.
Return to English Works Classes This Week