The workbook, consists of paragraph and essay plans, which:
- help students identify the persuasive tactics that are critical to the author’s argument;
- encourage insightful responses by focusing on an author’s strategic words and their implications;
- help students recognise a cluster of interrelated techniques or those with a common purpose; and
- show students how to write comparative essays; students will use the first text as a base from which to compare similarities and differences in other texts.
- Follow the Exercise Study Program: Arguments (Orange) Workbook Tasks
- Please see the Difference between a C+ (textbook-style essay) and our A + essay
- Please see a student’s paragraph before and after using our workbook
- a copy of each of the five workbooks (Techniques of Persuasion, The Language of Persuasion: become an expert; The Language of Persuasion: an essay-writing guide; Better Essays and Persuasive Techniques and Clear Writing: language and grammar);
- Please Click here to Purchase the English Works Pack.