(Check times this weekend)
Classes focus on:
- essay writing on current issues (based on newspaper texts etc.)
- comprehension and reasoning skills: plus persuasive and reasoning techniques (Red and Green Workbooks plus online support)
- study of people-based stories to improve thematic and character analysis and insights
- creative writing: study of short stories and anecdotal accounts that help students write pieces that are personal and meaningful; (includes people-based stories from the newspaper; Two of Us from the Good Weekend, The Age as well as the study of short story texts from well-renowned authors such as Nobel-prize winning short story writer Alice Munro)
- building a comprehensive vocabulary as well improving written expression
- analysis of texts: Christmas Carol, Lord of the Flies, Pavarna and Chinese Cinderella.
- Please click here for a more detailed lesson plan.
Notes, reminders and homework
- Please bring plastic sleeve folders to the lesson so that we can organise homework
- Our goal is to learn how to analyse and explain the author’s techniques whilst improving our written expression, comprehension skills and vocabulary.
- Please work through exercises/activities in the Red Workbook; and write sentences relating to tone and technique and purpose.
- We will practice being precise and accurate; linking, explaining and comparing an author’s views and values
Lesson Cost: $35 per student per hour.
Please see the Slide Show: this includes the skills that you need to do well in Year 12.
- Return to English Works Classes
- Please bring a written paragraph to each lesson for analysis.
- A summary of Students’ Tasks (extra homework activities)
For enquiries, please send the form below.