A step-by-step introduction to:
- the author’s views, tone, style and choice of words;
- the author’s evidence and reasons; and
- the author’s appeals and values.
The “Why” boxes help students think about the impact of these techniques, while the tone words and definitions help students analyse texts more accurately.
The 41 exercises and “suggested responses” help students acquire an analytical vocabulary and write sentences with an analytical focus.
Special Summer Price: $14.95 (incl. postage)
- Please download the Sample Pages from the workbook and the corresponding Suggested Responses Sample for teachers and students.
- Please refer to Workbook Tasks which consists of a series of Lesson Plans and “Getting started with Persuasive Techniques”.
“A typical exercise: The Techniques of Persuasion.”
- Slideshow: The Techniques of Persuasion.
>The English Works Pack ($100): Includes:
- a copy of each of the five workbooks (Techniques of Persuasion, The Language of Persuasion: become an expert; The Language of Persuasion: an essay-writing guide; Better Essays and Persuasive Techniques and Clear Writing: language and grammar);
- the CD-Rom support kit with extensive support material
- $10.00 postage.
Teacher’s or Tutor’s Pack: 5 copies: $50 (free postage)