A step-by-step introduction to:
- the author’s views, tone, style and choice of words;
- the author’s evidence and reasons; and
- the author’s appeals and values.
The “Why” boxes help students think about the impact of these techniques, while the tone words and definitions help students analyse texts more accurately.
Access our Free Online Exercise Program
By purchasing the Techniques of Persuasion, you can access our free Online Exercise Program that supports the 41 exercises in the workbook. These exercises and our “suggested responses” help students acquire an analytical vocabulary and write sentences with an analytical focus.
- Please refer to our free Online Exercise Program which consists of a series of Lesson Plans and Responses.
- Please download the Sample Pages from the workbook.
- Slideshow: The Techniques of Persuasion.
The English Works Pack ($100): Includes:
- a copy of each of the five workbooks (Techniques of Persuasion, The Language of Persuasion: become an expert; The Language of Persuasion: an essay-writing guide; Better Essays and Persuasive Techniques and Clear Writing: language and grammar);
- the CD-Rom support kit with extensive support material
- $10.00 postage.
Teacher’s or Tutor’s Pack: 5 copies: $50 (free postage)