For Students and Parents (VCE Preparation Extension Classes)
For long term students of English Works, I encourage you to choose a block of classes on Year 12 books. (Do some extra vital reading, some intensive work, with mini-breaks here and there. We have done plenty of language analysis (and we’ll continue to improve these skills and perfect our metalanguage/expression). An excellent way to improve is to choose 1 to 2 extra texts and study these with my Year 12 students.
(Pls also check my Classes Tab for updates.)
In Term 1 : I will probably run a 5-week intensive Year 12 lang analysis class: 11.15 – 12.15. If that suits pls let me know.
Options for extension text / essay-writing and analysis:
- I’ll be running a series of Text Analysis classes on Medea. (It’s nice, short and accessible and great for text response essay-practice.)
- Thursday class (7-8 pm): Medea, Stasiland and 1984
Term 2 (most popular texts):
- Saturday 12.30 – 1.30 pm: Medea, Ransom and Invictus
- Saturday 2.00 – 3.00 pm: Medea, Crucible (play/Miller)and Year of Wonders (Brooks)
- Sunday 12.30 – 1.30 pm: Burial Rites, Ransom and Invictus
- Sunday 4.30 – 5.30 pm: Burial Rites, Year of Wonders/Crucible
Other classes TBA