Check times this weekend.
For Year 11/12 students
How to write A+ text response essays and advanced passage analysis
I will be conducting sessions on the various texts and giving specific notes and summaries on what to include in a high-scoring essay.
Book Pairs (Area Study B): Year 12
- I will be holding essay writing workshops on the most popular “book pairs”. We will be writing sophisticated and in-depth compare-and-contrast essays on the themes, characters and issues central to each. You can make a start by reading by notes on each novel/play/film published on the website. I also have extra notes on the comparative angles.
Argument/Language Analysis Sessions: Year 12
These sessions focus on: Arguments and Persuasive Language: an essay writing guide: useful tips and essay plans: how to write A+ essays
- Students will make good use of the online support material
- Please do a short analysis of an editorial/opinion piece each week.
- We will apply the tips and plans to the previous articles that have featured in the English Exam. (See Arguments and Persuasive Language: an essay-writing guide.)
- Our students consistently achieve high marks in SACS and exam results. The emphasis of our sessions is on writing a mature, thoughtful and analytical essay. We analysis strengths and weaknesses of students’ essays. We mark all essays according to a realistic exam score.
Advanced Grammar workshop: the workshop covers:
- all the rules of grammar as prescribed in the Australian Curriculum from years 7-11;
- exercises to consolidate and become an expert
- tasks that link good grammar with good written expression:
- tasks for commentary writing (year 12).
For prospective VCE students, please see my VCE Preparation notes. I encourage you to sit in my Year 12 classes for extra experience.
Return to English Works Classes
For enquiries, please send the form below.